Thursday, February 02, 2006

High Tibial Knee Osteotomy ...and ACL Replacement

It's the night before my knee surgery and I'm excited and nervous. I'm having a having a High Tibial Knee Osteotomy and ACL replacement to be followed by another surgery in 6-12 months. A technical description can be found here High Tibial Knee Osteotomy . I'll be in the hospital for 2-3 days, followed by 6 weeks of no weight on my leg followed by another 6 weeks of minimal weight.

Wow, I don't really know what to say or how to say it. I felt a little better after I found Cassandra Unhinged. She just went through the same surgery and included some post-op pictures. Even though it may look bad to you, to me, it looks pretty good. It's a lot better than I thought it would. Cassandra only had half of the surgery I'm having so I expect more swelling.

It's 8:30pm and I have to be at the hospital at 6:30am -not my favorite time - for surgery at 7:30am. The surgery is 4 1/2 hours. My partner Millie is going to be helping out. Her son Dave has been helping me get ready and will be taking care of me post-op. I'm very lucky to have both of them. My 88 year old mother (don't tell her I told you how old she is) who lives under me is stressing and has been driving me crazy for the last 2 weeks. I don't know what's worse: her anxiety or mine!

That's it for now. I'll try to post some pre-op pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home