Friday, February 10, 2006

Inquiring minds want to know...



Today I'm answering viewer email (oh, i always wanted to say that):

1. Post-op brace: I came out of surgery with the bledsoe brace with the hinge locked straight.

I also have a Cyro Cuff over my knee which allows me to keep my knee iced down. It's great to use even without surgery.

When did they let you unwrap it? (Again, I had to wait a week which meant sponge baths for 1 week): Um, well, I kind of did it on my own, for the photos


2. Are you using a CPM machine, are you moving (bending) on your own? Do you start PT soon or does your Dr have you wait until after weight-bearing time? No, no, I don't know and I don't know.


Today is one week post surgery. I have my follow up on Monday. I kind of flay my leg around and hope the brace doesn't rotate. It did yesterday and I think that maybe why I had the increase in pain. I keep moving it back in place.

I never finished entering my hospital story - I did jot all my thoughts down so I should be able to recreate the same feelings I had. Time heals all and makes memories less painful: Oh it wasn't that bad. But it was bad and left me in a pensive mood.

My question is: what makes us get through the hard moments and why do the memories of them get softer with time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home